How is the entertainment business like high school?
- Cliques and stereotypes abound.
- The majority adopt the same formulaic trends (though I did see and enjoy “White House Down” so I’m part of the problem).
- Creative people are outsiders
- Smart people are overshadowed by the beautiful and physically fit
- As time goes on, you see that the truly annoying peak early. The flash-in-the-pan, 15 minutes of fame phenomenon isn’t just related to entertainment!
I’m still puzzled by the film business (see If Steven Spielberg Is Worried About The Film Business, Should We Worry?) like I’m still puzzled by high school